GENERAL WINSTOCK INFORMATION
Winstock is one of the Upper Midwest’s premier outdoor country music and camping festivals organized entirely by volunteers, with all proceeds from this event used to help fund private education for students from Winsted and surrounding communities. More than 1,000 people volunteer more than 5,000 hours to bring you the opportunity to enjoy country music’s finest entertainment, food, and fun. The Winstock committee and each student hope you will have a great time at Winstock’s 24th anniversary celebration and thanks you for your continued support and patronage.
WINSTOCK Festival grounds offer a large concession area, beverage tent, medical and handicapped facilities, 24-hour security, primitive camping, country music vendors, and more. There is an ATM on site.
WINSTOCK is located adjacent to the Winsted Airport in Winsted, Minnesota. Winsted is located approximately 35 miles west of Minneapolis. If you travel west on Highway 7, turn north on McLeod County Road 1 for three miles, then turn west on McLeod County Road 5 and follow the signs. If you travel west on Highway 12, turn south on Wright County Road 6 (east side of Howard Lake) for seven miles, then turn west on McLeod County Road 5 and follow the signs.
Camping at Winstock has proven to be a great way to enjoy the festival atmosphere with family and friends. Winstock camping offers primitive sites (25’ x 35’) with no running water or electrical hookups. Fresh drinking water and ice will be available at the main campground. All campsites are by reservation and will be held for you. Shuttle buses to and from downtown Winsted will be provided Saturday from 7 – 11:30 a.m., on the half hour, stopping at the SuperValu parking lot, downtown corner of 2nd and Main, and the Blue Note Bar & Restaurant. Camping sites for WINSTOCK 2018 will be available for sale at this year’s event.
Rent Your Own Mini-Biff
No private biff-style portable toilets will be allowed in the campgrounds.
Important Notice to all Campers!
WINSTOCK camping offers primitive sites only with no running water or electrical hookups. We do not allow open campfires (self-contained only – subject to the fire marshal approval), and each campsite is limited to one sleeping unit. We provide fresh water, medical facilities, and one free vehicle parking pass per campsite. No pets are allowed. Campground admission will be open from 3 p.m. until 9 p.m. on Thursday and starting at 9:30 a.m. Friday. All campsites are reserved and will be held for you – so there is no rush to get to your site. For anyone interested in breakfast, we will be running a shuttle bus every half-hour starting at 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. The bus will stop at the Blue Note, downtown Winsted, also at Glenn’s SuperValu, and Subway.
When you enter the campgrounds, you will be issued garbage bags for cleanup. Please make sure your site is clean before you leave. Also, every effort was made to assign the campsites that you requested, but as the campgrounds filled up, the next best available site was given. Those of you that requested multiple sites together may notice that your campsite numbers are not in sequence. This is due to the fact that they were placed back-to-back to each other. Please visit the camping page to view a campground layout. For the benefit and safety of our campers, Winstock will be providing 24-hour security at the campground entrance. Only authorized vehicles will be allowed to enter. To speed up the process of entering the campground, please make sure that everyone in your vehicle has purchased a concert ticket so that they can be banded at this time. Remember that everyone in the campgrounds must have a concert wristband. In the event of wet weather, some or all of our campsites may have to be moved. We will do the best we can to keep your sites together but it may not be possible, so please bear with us. If you have any questions regarding your campsite, please call our toll-free number 888-946-7865 and our operators will try to answer any of your questions. Thank you for your continued support and remember to renew your campsite for Winstock 2018 at the information tent.
Winstock 2018 – 25th Anniversary!
Next year marks the 25th Anniversary of Winstock Country Music Festival! The dates are Friday-Saturday, June 8 & 9 , 2018.
2018 Presale Orders
All 2018 presale orders that are made by credit card will be processed at the event this year.
In order for all of us to have a safe and enjoyable weekend, everyone must abide by the following rules:
- In consideration for others, no umbrellas, lounge chairs, golf carts, or ATVs.
- No guns are permitted anywhere on the WINSTOCK grounds.
- WINSTOCK is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets, personal injury or loss, theft, or damage to personal property.
- Please be aware of your surroundings, as WINSTOCK assumes no liability if you become injured.
- WINSTOCK has the right to inspect persons or parcels.
- All campfires must be in self-contained units, subject to Fire Marshal approval when conditions are approved by the Fire Marshal.
- Food or beverages may not be brought into the music area.
- All chairs must be removed from the music area after the last performance. Please have your name on your chair.
- Must be 21 or older to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages in any WINSTOCK area. Violators will be ejected.
- No keg beer or large amounts of alcohol in any WINSTOCK area.
- Must be 18 or older to purchase a camping permit.
- People in the campgrounds must wear a concert wristband at all times. No one is permitted on Winstock grounds without a valid wristband.
- No audio or video taping of any kind is permitted.
- Quiet time in the campgrounds will be enforced from 1 am – 7 am. This also includes electrical generators.
- No animals allowed.
- Persons violating policies will be ejected and may be subject to prosecution.
- No refunds to anyone ejected for rule violations.
- By attending WINSTOCK, you acknowledge and agree that your photo may be used in future promotional materials.
- Please carry a picture ID with you at all times.
- No couches or furniture allowed in the camping area.
- No tailgating in WINSTOCK parking areas.
- No riding in backs of pickups.
- No drones allowed over the Winstock grounds.
- Beacon usage is prohibited on all Winstock grounds.
- Due to safety and insurance concerns, no outside food or beverage will be allowed into the concert area during the Thursday night beer tent party.
- Camping/parking pass must be displayed on vehicles at all times.
- No live music stage shows or any activity in the campgrounds that promotes large gatherings, selling or distributing alcoholic beverages, and any other soliciting.
VEHICLE RULES: All vehicles must fit in your campsite and have appropriate vehicle permit. Only one sleeping unit and vehicle per site.
Ticket orders will be mailed out around April 1, 2017.
Take it all in at Winstock from our all reserved seating section. Guaranteed numbered seat with a premium view of music area.
Important Notice to all Reserve Ticket Holders
Winstock Reserve ticket holders will be issued a weekend wristband and a lanyard for your Reserved Ticket. The wristband is your access into the concert area and the lanyard with your Reserve ticket is your access into the Reserved Seating area. This will give you the option to let someone else use your Reserved ticket, but remember, only one person can enter the Reserved seating section with the lanyard. It is your responsibility if your wristband or Reserved-seating lanyard is lost or stolen. Winstock will not reissue any lost, stolen or damaged wristbands.
Please watch for the signs directing you to the Reserved seating area. One of the Reserved Seating entrance is on the north side of the VIP area. It is the same entrance as the Handicap area. There is also a second entrance by the south VIP entrance. Security will be there to check for the Reserved Badge.
Just a few short reminders:
- You must wear your wristbands at all times and the Reserve seating lanyard while you are in the Reserve seating area. Absolutely no one will be admitted to the Reserved seating area without proper identification. No exceptions will be made.
- The Reserved seating area is divided into two sections, seats 1 to 664 are to the north of the Sound stage and seats 2000 to 2459 are to the south of the Sound stage.
- Please take time and visit Winstock’s Emerging Artists Stage, which will be a second stage at Winstock 2017 and features up-and-coming Nashville talent!! Watch for more details on the site.
If you have any questions regarding your Reserved seating ticket, please call our toll-free number 1-888-946-7865 and our operators will try to answer any of your questions. Remember to renew your Reserved Seating tickets for 2018 at the information tent to retain your current seat location.
Enjoy watching your favorite Winstock entertainers from our VIP Reserved Seating Section. Along with a great view of the stage and complimentary parking, VIP offers you a home cooked, hot meal each evening, along with beverages all weekend. Please get your order in early to guarantee your seat! Next year’s VIP seats will be available for sale at this year’s event.
Important Notice to all VIP Ticket Holders!
Winstock VIP ticket holders will be issued two different dated tickets. This will give you the option to attend one day, and someone else will be able to attend the second day. When you present your VIP ticket at the gate, you will receive the wristband for that day. It will be your responsibility if wristbands are lost or stolen. Winstock will not reissue any lost, stolen or damaged wristbands.
Please watch for the signs directing you to the special VIP parking area and also the VIP entrance at the main gate. The VIP meals will be served from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. both Friday and Saturday night. We will also serve beer, pop, and popcorn in the VIP tent the entire weekend.
Just a few short reminders:
- Bring both Friday and Saturday tickets to the gate to receive your weekend wristband
- You must wear your VIP wristband at all times. Absolutely no one will be admitted to the VIP area without proper identification. No exceptions will be made.
- You will be allowed to leave the VIP area with one beverage at a time. Anyone caught distributing food or beverages to a non-VIP ticket holder will be asked to leave the festival site.
- Refill beverages can only be obtained in the VIP tent.
- Please take time and visit Winstock’s Emerging Artists Stage, which will be a second stage at Winstock 2017 and feature hot up-and-coming Nashville talent! Watch for more details o the site.
- If you have any questions regarding your VIP ticket, please call our toll-free number 888-946-7865 and our operators will try to answer any of your questions. Remember to renew your 2018 VIP tickets at the information tent.
Gates will open Friday at 2 p.m. and Saturday at 9:30 a.m. In the event of inclement weather, the gate opening may be delayed. When entering through the main gates, you will exchange your ticket for a wristband. This wristband must be worn at all times. Just show your wristband each time you go through the gates.
Rain or Shine
In the event of inclement weather, the show will be interrupted and will resume as soon as weather permits. Tickets are sold on a “rain or shine” basis, and no refunds will be given for delays or cancellations due to bad weather.
Parking will cost $10 per vehicle, per day while attending Winstock. Please follow the signs to designated areas. Motorcycle parking will be available near VIP parking.
Bus service is available between the campgrounds and the festival site. As schedules are determined, we will update our website and you will be able to find information on the official Winstock mobile app on your iOS or Android device.
Things to Bring
A lawn chair that you bring yourself is standard WINSTOCK seating. WINSTOCK will not be responsible for lost or stolen chairs. No chairs may be placed in the viewing area until the gates open Friday at 2 p.m. or Saturday at 9:30 a.m. The music area will be cleared of chairs nightly.